Dragon launch cargo
Posted: February 21, 2013
NOTE: On its second operational resupply flight to the International Space Station, the Dragon spacecraft will launch with 1,869 pounds of crew supplies, experiments and spare parts. The capsule will return to Earth with approximately 2,668 pounds of equipment from the space station.
||1,869 pounds (2,314 pounds w/ packaging and support equipment)
External hardware (601 pounds)
Crew supplies (178 pounds)
- Two heat rejection subsystem grapple bars
Utilization payloads (767 pounds for NASA, JAXA, ESA, CSA)
- Crew care package
- Clothing and hygiene items
- Wet trash bags
- Operations data files
Vehicle hardware (298 pounds)
- GLACIER - General Laboratory Active Cryogenic ISS Experiment Refrigerator, ultra-cold freezers that will store samples at temperatures as low as - 301 degrees F (-160 degrees C).
- Double Cold Bags - Five bags used to refrigerate samples for transport.
- BRIC - Biological Research in Canisters
- CGBA- Commercial Generic Bioprocessing Apparatus
- Cell Bio Tech - Cell culture experiments and biotechnology will be studied in an incubator on ISS to examine the cell and molecular biology function and response in a spaceflight environment.
- CSLM-3 - The Coarsening in Solid Liquid Mixtures-3 (CSLM-3) is a materials science investigation that studies the growth and solidification processes (i.e., coarsening) in lead-tin solid-liquid mixtures that contain a small amount (low volume fraction) of tin branch-like (i.e., dendritic) structures, some of which possess many arms.
- Fluids and Combustion Facility supplies
- Microgravity Science Glovebox supplies
- Seedling Growth - Plants play an important role in future planning for long-term space missions as they serve as a source of food and generate breathable air for crewmembers. Seedling Growth focuses on the effects of gravity and light on plant growth, development, and cell division. In the long-term, this research is relevant to improving the characteristics of crop plants to benefit human agriculture on Earth.
- Wetlab - Wetlab will provide a variety of advanced bioscience equipment that will allow for on-orbit analysis of tissues from many organisms, including humans.
- SPICE - Smoke Point In Co-flow Experiment - SPICE studies the nature of flames and soot in microgravity.
- MELFI-EU - Electronics unit for the Minus Eighty-Degree Laboratory Freezer
- Microflow - Microflow is a miniaturized version of a flow cytometer (a common research or clinical laboratory instrument used for a range of bioanalysis and clinical diagnoses). Microflow could pave the way for a gadget to offer real-time analysis of everything from infections, to stress, blood cells, cancer markers, and could even be used to test food-quality levels here on Earth.
- Energy - Astronaut's Energy Requirements for Long-Term Space Flight (Energy) will measures changes in energy balance in crew members.
- Bio Paddles
- Stem cells
Computers resources (18 pounds)
- Caution and data handling items
- CHeCS - Crew Health Care System (Fundoscope; Respiratory Support Pack; Two Air Quality Monitors; Ropes and lanyards for the Advanced Resistive Exercise Device; Turbo cable for COLBERT/T2 treadmill)
- ECLSS - Two beds for Carbon Dioxide Removal Assembly
- FCE - Flight Crew Equipment (Two 3.0 AH batteries; SMPA/charger kit)
EVA tools (7 pounds)
- Hard drives; CD case; Serial converter
Russian hardware (0.7 pounds)
- Gyro cable for TVIS treadmill
Data source: NASA
Final Shuttle Mission Patch
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The crew emblem for the final space shuttle mission is now available in our store. Get this piece of history!
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The final planned flight of space shuttle Endeavour is symbolized in the official embroidered crew patch for STS-134. Available in our store!
Ares 1-X Patch
The official embroidered patch for the Ares 1-X rocket test flight, is available for purchase.
This beautiful one piece set features the Apollo program emblem surrounded by the individual mission logos.
The Orion crew exploration vehicle is NASA's first new human spacecraft developed since the space shuttle a quarter-century earlier. The capsule is one of the key elements of returning astronauts to the Moon.
Fallen Heroes Patch Collection
The official patches from Apollo 1, the shuttle Challenger and Columbia crews are available in the store.