Dragon return cargo
Posted: October 3, 2012
NOTE: On its first operational resupply flight to the International Space Station, the Dragon spacecraft will launch with 882 pounds of crew supplies, experiments and spare parts. The capsule will return to Earth with approximately 1,673 pounds of equipment from the space station.
||1,673 pounds (1,995 pounds w/ packaging)
Crew supplies (163 pounds)
Utilization payloads (866 pounds for NASA, ESA, JAXA)
- Crew preference items
- Official flight kit items
- ESA PAO items
- Flight crew equipment
Vehicle hardware (518 pounds)
- Double Cold Bags - Five cold bags used to refrigerate samples for transport.
- UMS - Urine Monitoring System (UMS) is designed to collect an individual urine void, gently separate liquid from air, accurately measure the liquid volume of the urine, allow sample packaging, and discharge remaining urine into the Waste and Hygiene Compartment (WHC).
- MELFI EU - Electronics unit for Minus Eighty-degree Laboratory Freezer for ISS (MELFI), an ultra-cold storage unit for experiment samples.
- GLACIER - General Laboratory Active Cryogenic ISS Experiment Refrigerator
- BioLab - Biological Experiment Laboratory in Columbus (BioLab) is a multiuser research facility located in the European Columbus laboratory. It will be used to perform space biology experiments on microorganisms, cells, tissue cultures, small plants, and small invertebrates.
- Energy - Astronaut's Energy Requirements for Long-Term Space Flight (Energy) wil measures changes in energy balance in crew members.
- CSPINS - Dynamism of Auxin Efflux Facilitators, CsPINs, Responsible for Gravity-regulated Growth and Development in Cucumber (CsPINs) uses cucumber seedlings to analyze the effect of gravity on gravimorphogenesis (peg formation) in cucumber plants.
- Hicari - Materials science investigation Growth of Homogeneous SiGe Crystals in Microgravity by the TLZ Method (Hicari) aims to verify crystal-growth by traveling liquidous zone method, and to produce high-quality crystals of silicon-germanium (SiGe) semiconductor using the Japanese Experiment Module-Gradient Heating Furnace (JEM-GHF).
- Marangoni - Marangoni convection is the flow driven by the presence of a surface tension gradient which can be produced by temperature difference at a liquid/gas interface.
- Resist Tubule - Role of Microtubule-Membrane-Cell Wall Continuum in Gravity Resistance in Plants (Resist Wall) investigation was conducted to determine the importance of the structural connections between microtubules, plasma membrane, and the cell wall as the mechanism of gravity resistance.
- MICROBE III - Microbe-III experiment monitors microbes on board the ISS which may affect the health of crew members.
- MYCO - Mycological evaluation of crew exposure to ISS ambient air (Myco) evaluates the risk of microorganisms via inhalation and adhesion to the skin to determine which fungi act as allergens.
- IPU Power Supply Module - Image Processing Unit (IPU) is a Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) subrack facility that receives, records, and downlinks experiment image data for experiment processing.
Computers resources (11 pounds)
- CHeCS - Crew Health Care System (Compound Specific Analyzer-Combustion Products)
- ECLSS - Fluids Control and Pump Assembly; Catalytic Reactor; Hydrogen sensor
- CSA-Camera Light Pan Tilt Assembly
- Electrical Power System
- Pump package for JAXA
- Cabin filter and ATV cabin fan for ESA
Russian cargo (44 pounds)
Spacewalk hardware (68 pounds)
- EMU hardware and gloves for previous crew members
Data source: NASA
Final Shuttle Mission Patch
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The crew emblem for the final space shuttle mission is now available in our store. Get this piece of history!
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The final planned flight of space shuttle Endeavour is symbolized in the official embroidered crew patch for STS-134. Available in our store!
Ares 1-X Patch
The official embroidered patch for the Ares 1-X rocket test flight, is available for purchase.
This beautiful one piece set features the Apollo program emblem surrounded by the individual mission logos.
The Orion crew exploration vehicle is NASA's first new human spacecraft developed since the space shuttle a quarter-century earlier. The capsule is one of the key elements of returning astronauts to the Moon.
Fallen Heroes Patch Collection
The official patches from Apollo 1, the shuttle Challenger and Columbia crews are available in the store.