Dragon launch cargo
Posted: October 3, 2012
NOTE: On its first operational resupply flight to the International Space Station, the Dragon spacecraft will launch with 882 pounds of crew supplies, experiments and spare parts. The capsule will return to Earth with approximately 1,673 pounds of equipment from the space station.
||882 pounds (1,001 pounds w/ packaging)
Crew supplies (260 pounds)
Utilization payloads (390 pounds for NASA, JAXA, ESA)
- Eight bulk overwrap bags with 29 food rations
- Five bags with 22 rations of low sodium food
- Crew clothing (8.8 pounds)
- Pantry items, batteries, etc. (8.8 pounds)
- Official flight kit (17.6 pounds)
Vehicle hardware (225 pounds)
- GLACIER - General Laboratory Active Cryogenic ISS Experiment Refrigerator, ultra-cold freezers that will store samples at temperatures as low as - 301 degrees F (-160 degrees C).
- Fluids and Combustion Facility Hardware - Fluids Integrated Rack (FIR) is a complementary fluid physics research facility designed to host investigations in areas such as colloids, gels, bubbles, wetting and capillary action, and phase changes, including boiling and cooling.
- CGBA/Micro-6 - Commercial Generic Bioprocessing Apparatus-Micro-6 looks at responses of Candida albicans to spaceflight, studying how microgravity affects the health risk posed by the opportunistic yeast Candida albicans.
- Cables for Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer
- CFE-2 - Capillary Flow Experiments - 2 (CFE-2) is a suite of fluid physics experiments that investigates how fluids move up surfaces in microgravity. The results aim to improve current computer models that are used by designers of low gravity fluid systems and may improve fluid transfer systems for water on future spacecraft.
- MISSE-8 Retrieval Bag - Materials on International Space Station Experiment - 8 (MISSE-8) is a test bed for materials and computing elements attached to the outside of the station.
- Double Cold Bags - Two bags used to refrigerate samples for transport.
- EPO-10 - Education Payload Operations-10 (Blue Earth Gazing) records video education demonstrations highlighting various fundamental scientific principles performed by crew members using hardware already onboard the station.
- Resist Tubule - Role of Microtubule-Membrane-Cell Wall Continuum in Gravity Resistance in Plants (Resist Wall) investigation was conducted to determine the importance of the structural connections between microtubules, plasma membrane, and the cell wall as the mechanism of gravity resistance.
- Ammonia Test Kit
- BioLab - Biological Experiment Laboratory in Columbus (BioLab) is a multiuser research facility located in the European Columbus laboratory. It will be used to perform space biology experiments on microorganisms, cells, tissue cultures, small plants, and small invertebrates.
- Energy - Astronaut's Energy Requirements for Long-Term Space Flight (Energy) will measures changes in energy balance in crew members.
Computers and supplies (7 pounds)
- Caution and data handling items
- CHeCS - Crew Health Care System (Compound Specific Analyzer-Combustion Products; Environmental Health System)
- ECLSS - Ion Exchange Bed and Advanced Recycle Filter Tank Assembly filters
- Electrical Power System
- Thermal Control System
- Cabin fan for ESA's Automated Transfer Vehicle
- Pump package for JAXA
- Miscellaneous - Hard drives and CD case
Data source: NASA
Final Shuttle Mission Patch
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The crew emblem for the final space shuttle mission is now available in our store. Get this piece of history!
Free shipping to U.S. addresses!
The final planned flight of space shuttle Endeavour is symbolized in the official embroidered crew patch for STS-134. Available in our store!
Ares 1-X Patch
The official embroidered patch for the Ares 1-X rocket test flight, is available for purchase.
This beautiful one piece set features the Apollo program emblem surrounded by the individual mission logos.
The Orion crew exploration vehicle is NASA's first new human spacecraft developed since the space shuttle a quarter-century earlier. The capsule is one of the key elements of returning astronauts to the Moon.
Fallen Heroes Patch Collection
The official patches from Apollo 1, the shuttle Challenger and Columbia crews are available in the store.